The CompTIA Cloud Essentials course is an entry-level specialty course aimed at demonstrating that a student has working knowledge of cloud computing, what it means from both a technical and business perspective, and has general knowledge of what is involved in moving to and working securely within the cloud.
CompTIA is the de facto global IT credentialing organization, a nonprofit with a 30 year history of producing vendor-neutral certifications for IT professionals. CompTIA works with experts from around the world to design, write, review and test the classes that it offers, and it runs surveys and studies habitually to keep abreast of trends and best practices in the field in a wide variety of industries and applications. This focus and dedication is why IT professionals seek out CompTIA certification and why employers look for it. This course was developed with the assistance of ITpreneurs and the Cloud Credential Council.
CompTIA Cloud Essentials is an introductory certification. CompTIA recommends, but does not require, that students have a minimum of 6 months experience in an environment that markets or relies on IT-related services. Cloud Essentials can be an excellent choice for young IT professionals hoping to break into the field, or for managers of IT professionals who want to ensure they are up-to-date with relevant information about cloud infrastructure. As a top-level overview, IT specialists, IT technical services specialists, IT relationship managers, IT architects, consultants, and analysts may find it useful as well.
The CompTIA Cloud Essentials course covers the following material:
- Outlines the fundamental concepts of cloud computing
- Examines the benefit and business values of cloud services from a business perspective
- Examines the characteristics and business impacts of cloud services
- Appraises the technical challenges involved in utilizing cloud services and assesses mitigation techniques
- Appraises the risk involved in implementing cloud services and assesses mitigation techniques, including data security and cost considerations. This course also covers the potential strategic benefits of cloud computing. Identifies the differences in cloud categories and adoption measuresIdentifies the steps involved in successfully adopting cloud services
- Identifies the differences in cloud categories and adoption measures
Identifies the steps involved in successfully adopting cloud services
This instructor-led course is taught over two days. It is available at any of our DMV campuses, including Columbia, MD, Vienna, VA, and Washington, D.C. Currently, CompTIA Cloud Essentials classes are scheduled for Sept 4-5, October 15-16, and Feb 27-28.
It is also possible to arrange on-site classes at your own facility. Contact us at, (703) 532-1000, if you would like to arrange this.